New shoes for the Cobbler
I made myself a new bike, after a 2+ year wait…. as customer bike delivery is the priority. With our recent Kitty Krusher ride coming up, it was a great opportunity to make that the deadline and first ride. It was a perfect route to showcase the capabilities of our Adventure Road bikes, like this. The rough pavement, technical descents, a little dirt, over a long course, the bike was absolutely brilliant! The total package proved to be successful and right on target for all the design goals. The combination of comfort and efficiency is amazing. The Enve wheels are a real treat to ride and take the performance of the bike to the next level.
Some build notes:
- Titanium frame with titanium seatpost : low weight, high in comfort and performance
- Specialty finish: I had worked on sketches inspired by out local geography to create this minimal mountain range graphic, and the addition of the sun/moon and stars in polished titanium all came together well for an interesting finish design that showcases the magic of titanium finishing. I selected Chris King hubs, headset and BB in Turquoise, then pained the fork, stem and bar in a complimentary color.
- Dura Ace levers, brakes, front derailleur with wide range Ultegra 11-32 cassette and the new Ultegra clutch derailleur hotrodded with Kogel machined aluminum pulleys with ceramic bearings, with the light and stiff Easton crankset using their new 32×47 gearing.
- Enve SES 3.4 wheels, tubeless, with Chris King R45 hubs and Schwalbe 30mm tires.
- Andrews King Cage titanium bottle cages, anodized and media blasted to match the frame